blog

Latest posts

In this new development session on NervLuna we will focusing on providing the correct support for the operator bindings and also fix some regression issues due to our latest updates on the parsing system. Let's get started!

→ Read more...

2020/06/18 05:50

In our previous post, we were trying to generate the bindings for the nvCore module, and even if we cannot say this was a complete success, we made some significant steps forward. And now, it's time to continue on this path, trying to push it even further. Here we will mainly focus on how the actual binding files are named and what we can do to use short aliases for some template classes when applicable (both issues are closely related, since we use the class name to generate the file name.)

→ Read more...

2020/06/17 07:59

The nvCore module is the base module I built to encapsulate all the features that I consider as “base blocks” for any other sub-project. As a result, this is the first useful module I should try the NervLuna binding generation on. And this is was we will try to achieve in this article. Let's get started!

→ Read more...

2020/06/15 14:26

I currently have an idea in mind that I starting to think could really be worth something. And thus, I would like to work on this idea a bit to see if this can bring me somewhere.

The base concept is simple: I want to write a game. But I don't want to write a “game”. :-)

→ Read more...

2020/06/12 12:40

So continuing on our NervLuna binding generator journey, we are now going to consider the support for const and static fields in a given input class.

→ Read more...

2020/06/10 12:49

As previously discussed, I've been working on my 'NervLuna' C++/lua binding generator project lately. The project can already be used to generate some interesting bindings, but many “base elements” are still missing. One of them is the support for fields inheritance in classes/structures. So, in this post, we will see together how this can be added.

→ Read more...

2020/06/09 11:07

In May 2020, I was experimenting with the Vulkan API for GPU/Game programming, and thus implemented a Lua based application framework to start performing some minimal/simple tests.

I'm somewhat familiar with this approach since I used this already in previous projects such as my old "Singularty" project were I've been writing core components in C++ then using a binding layer to config/use those components in lua instead. This proved to be very efficient (once you get everything on rails at least), because there is a significant speed boost when trying to develop something in a scripting language such as Lua compared to trying to build everything in C++ (which is really slow to compile).

→ Read more...

2020/06/01 15:19

So a good week has passed since my last article on my JIT Compiler experiment. And I must admit I've been playing with this code a lot in the past few days :-). In case you don't remember, my primary goal was to be able to generate C++ code directly from the Lua scripting language. So that's precisely what I did, and in the process, I built a “frontend” for my JIT compiler in Lua, that kept evolving and that I'm now using to perform most of my tests. During this part of my journey, I also worked on precompiled header (PCH) generation, LLVM module constructors and destructors, C++ unit testing from scripts, exceptions handling, and module linking concerns. So I think it's now already high time I stop coding a moment and try to share what I learnt on all those points in case this could be of interest to someone (or actually, even just to remember what I did in case I need to get back to it someday ;-))

→ Read more...

2020/04/25 16:51 · 0 Comments

<< Newer entries | Older entries >>

Blog History

2017-09: 7 entries 2017-11: 1 entry 2018-12: 6 entries 2019-01: 5 entries 2019-02: 2 entries 2019-03: 9 entries 2020-12: 1 entry 2020-04: 5 entries 2020-06: 10 entries 2020-07: 5 entries

  • blog.txt
  • Last modified: 2020/07/10 12:11
  • (external edit)